Are you passionate about social justice? Community engagement and advocacy? Empowering youth and families? Then apply today to the Manager of Programs role and join the small, inclusive, and dedicated staff at East Village Youth Program to empower youth and community members to be agents of change in their communities.
About East Village Youth Program
For almost 30 years, EVYP has prepared Chicago youth to become advocates for their communities through comprehensive and unique programming. EVYP provides innovative and holistic initiatives such as tutoring, mentorship, comprehensive college and career readiness, community engagement and outreach, and family support services to more than 1,000 youth and their families each year. Starting our journey in the East Village neighborhood of Chicago in 1989, today EVYP serves our youth and their families at our location in the Avondale community. EVYP strives to create a culture of achievement that empowers under-served youth, their families and the community to access and utilize higher education to lead more fulfilling lives.
As the Manager of Programs for East Village Youth Program, you will:
- Be responsible for the oversight of all EVYP programming. This will include supervising all program staff and interns, such as the Program Coordinator.
- Work collaboratively with the Executive Director and Program Coordinator to achieve program outcomes.
- In partnership with the Executive Director, manage the development and expansion of programs through appropriate program evaluation, assessments and grant writing.
- Oversee the Junior and Senior cohorts of the High School Program, developing and providing curriculum, including but not limited to developing daily workshops and presentations, guiding students through the college application and acceptance process, developing structure for youth to apply for scholarships, assisting in college choice and more.
- Provide direct services to college students in the College Success Program including but not limited to the following: scholarship applications assistance, college and career workshops, and internship/volunteer coordination for students, campus visits with students and new programs and activities as they are developed.
- Provide college readiness information to middle and high school students through our Community Engagement and Outreach Program, including but not limited to the following: Identifying partnership with local schools and guidance counselors, developing/updating workshop curriculum, providing workshops to youth and families, documenting and tracking outreach activities and more.
- In partnership with the Program Coordinator, execute Summer Programming.
- Provide leadership for the in-house database system, maintaining policies and procedures and training staff as needed.
- Collaborate with EVYP peers, Executive Director and Board of Directors on various projects.
- Serve as EVYP’s representative at school and community events, meetings, projects, conferences, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum bachelor’s degree, preferably in education, social science, or a related discipline.
Willingness to dedicate occasional evening and weekend hours as needed. A minimum of 3 years working with under-served Chicago youth. Previous management experience required. Professional experience in academic advising preferred. Personal experience as a first generation college student or equivalent professional experience preferred. Spanish speaking preferred.
Experience in program development and implementation.
Able to handle multiple program responsibilities concurrently.
Adept at communicating effectively with sensitivity to cultural differences.
Experience in utilizing social media and web applications.
Self-directed and able to work both independently and as a team.
Highly organized and able to adapt quickly to unexpected events.
Ability to build rapport with diverse students, parents and staff.
Energetic, resourceful and creative.
Must be able to lift 30 pounds.
Must be able to stand for extended periods of time.
Full-time position with employee-sponsored health care benefits.
Please submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Position available immediately.